I thought my aunt had died.
I had gone to see my relatives in a different city that lived relatively far. It was a long trip by bus and so I had decided to stop and see the relatives that lived closer and spend the night there. My family decided to sleep in different rooms as we were talking to different people. Because it was winter, it began to get dark outside rather fast. I did not know where the rooms were. I had gone to bed and in the middle of the night woke up because I was thirsty. I was in the same room as my aunt and so I had gone over to wake her up to show me where the kitchen was, so I can get a glass of water.
When I went up to her bedside, her eyes were wide and stared at the ceiling. I had waved my hands over her eyes and she did not respond. Afraid that she was dead, I had pushed her a bit, and she still did not wake up. I started to freak out and began to yell. My aunt stood up moments later and turned on the lights. I saw her get up and my instant thought was that she was a zombie, so I ran out of the room. I bumped into my uncle and started to yell at me for the noise that woke everyone up. Only later did I find out that my aunt had the illness that made her eyes open as she slept, and was a heavy sleeper.
I had gone mountain biking and crashed.
I had gone upstate to camp, and there were all these cool activities to do, one of which were mountain biking. I like to bike, so I had gone over to try it for a few hours. I went with a group of people. Then they let us go on a terrain that was a few miles long. There were so many steep hills and drops, I had gained so much speed, and thankfully, the brakes were amazing as well on the bikes. Since it had rained the night before, the terrain was still wet with large puddles. So I decided to stay behind the group believing that it would be the better thing, so that it is not as crowded. Then the group spread out far, and I was getting ahead because I had wanted to go faster. As I had gone downhill there was a turn, the trees did not allow me to see that there was another person ahead of me that had stopped in the side of the road that I was on. I pressed the brakes and turned as fast as I could, so I could avoid hitting her. The road had many holes, rocks and puddles, so as I turned, my tire had fell into a hole and swerved me around and I hit a post as I fell of my bike. Thankfully, I had a helmet on, so I had not hurt my head. I was in a lot of pain at that moment, so I did not want to get up. I had gotten up much later and had bruises on my thighs from when I had pressed the brakes and went into the hole, and on my shoulder because I hit the post on the side of the terrain. I took it like a "man" and just continued the trail as I had before, then I went to the nurse to get an ice pack.
I had fell onto a nail.
The apartment building that I reside at was not very child friendly before. In fact, there was usually something sharp by the entrance where the kids dropped off by the bus, from the nearby school, came home. The superintendent had decided to change the fence, because the previous one distorted with age, replaced by the plants and grass added appeal. The fence had to taken apart to remove it because it was set into the concrete, when they had removed it, nails protruded out of the ground from where the fence was and would show the way for where the new fence would reside. One day, my sister and I were playing tag outside as we were waiting for my mother to come down to get us. We played by the steps, and she had tagged me as I was going off the steps, I had been shoved off and pushed down onto the floor by where the fence had previously been. When I had stood up I saw a hole in the side of my knee, I noticed a nail that stuck out of the concrete floor, and my hands had cuts on them. Then the blood started to come out of my leg rather quickly. Being the child that I am, I did not want to get in trouble, so I tried not to show my mom anything. When she arrived downstairs, she had seen blood trickle down my leg, and asked me what had happened and dragged me upstairs to put alcohol all over it to clean it up. She had made a complaint to the superintendent and the owner of the building about the safety of the entrance to little kids, such as I, and after that, the building began to be more children friendly.
Great job! You infused all three with so many convincing details that I cannot even decipher which is true!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to take a guess....hmmmm....is it #1?
10/10
no... the true one was #3. but it was a good guess nonetheless.
ReplyDelete